- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions.
- Cool and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil.
- Add squash; cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add the onion, celery and green pepper; sauté until tender.
- Add vegetable mixture and squash to the corn bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to corn bread and stir until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 11-inch by 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!