- 6 baking apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup (canned) mandarin oranges, cut up
- Core apples. Remove 1-inch peel from top of each and arrange in baking dish.
- Combine dates, walnuts, mandarin oranges, and butter.
- Add water.
- Cover baking dish after stuffing apples.
- Bake at 375° for about 35 minutes.
- Bake 20 minutes longer; baste 3 times with maple syrup.
- During cooking, baste at intervals.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!