- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 11-ounce can corn, drained
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, reserving oil
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thread shrimp on skewers.
- To broil in oven, place on broiler rack coated with cooking spray.
- Brush shrimp with oil reserved from tomatoes.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 4 minutes.
- To cook on outdoor grill, brush shrimp with reserved oil from tomatoes.
- Cook skewered shrimp over hot coals 4 minutes.
- Turn and brush with additional oil.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes or until done. In large bowl, combine rice, corn, tomatoes, cheese, basil and salt.
- Spoon into individual bowls.
- Top rice with shrimp.
Servings: Makes 4 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!