- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag rice
- 8 ounces firm light tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 8 ounces peeled large shrimp
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup pre-chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pre-chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; set aside. Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine tofu, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and shrimp. Combine remaining cornstarch, broth, and next 4 ingredients (through chile paste); set aside. Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Place shrimp mixture in bowl. Heat canola oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, ginger, and pineapple to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; cook 1 minute. Add broth mixture to pan; cook 1 minute. Serve over rice.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup shrimp and 1/2 cup rice).
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!