Sweet Potato Hash with Chicken and Eggs
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, poached
- Season a large pot of water with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked to 165 F. Remove chicken from the pot and set aside. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken with two forks.
- Meanwhile, in a large, wide nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add potatoes and onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Gently fold chicken into potato mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and chicken are browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, cumin, salt and cilantro. To serve, top with eggs.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!