- 1 cup almonds or pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the nuts and oats into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the flour, oil, syrup and salt. Stir to combine well.
- Roll walnut-sized balls of dough in the palm of your hand and arrange on two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Press your thumb gently into the center of each cookie to create an indentation. Spoon a teaspoon of jam into each indentation.
- Bake until golden brown and firm around the edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container or freeze until needed.
Yield: Makes two dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!