- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cans reduced sodium tomato soup
- 1 can pink beans
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions ? or other toppings of your choice
Finely dice peppers and onion. Add to a large pot with olive oil. Sauté until just cooked, about 6 minutes. Add turkey and brown completely. Drain off any excess fat. Add garlic and stir to combine. Next, add the soup, seasonings and beans along with 2 cans of water. Stir to combine completely. Simmer on low for 45 minutes with the cover on. Remove cover and cook an additional 20-30 minutes to thicken. Serve with cornbread and toppings of your choice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!