- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola or corn oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 20 oz. ground turkey breast
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 15.5 oz. can pinto beans (rinsed, drained)
- 15.5 oz. can black beans (rinsed, drained)
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (green part only)
- Lightly spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add the oil and heat over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the onion for 3 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently to turn and break up the turkey.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, pepper, and cumin. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the green onions. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Just before serving, sprinkle with the green onions.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!