- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 oz. uncooked ground turkey breast or chicken breast
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
In medium bowl, stir together carrot, green onions, bread crumbs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape turkey mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Place patties on a greased grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until patties are done (165°F), or, grill under oven broiler, turning once halfway through grilling. Arrange mixed greens on bottoms of buns. Top with grilled patties and cranberry sauce; replace top halves of buns.
If you aren?t ready to give up beef burgers entirely, then substitute a turkey burger just now and then. Choose only ground turkey breast?not regular ground turkey, which may include dark meat. If your store doesn?t stock it, ask the butcher to grind 12 ounces of turkey breast.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!