- 1/4 nonfat Thousand Island salad dressing
- 8 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 8 ozs. thinly sliced low-fat, low-sodium cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices low-fat Swiss cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- vegetable oil spray
Spread salad dressing on one side of each slice of bread. Top 4 slices of bread with turkey or chicken, sauerkraut and cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, dressing side down. Spray large skillet with vegetable oil. Cook 2 sandwiches over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, or until bread toasts and cheese melts, turning once. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!