- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 quart marinara sauce
- In large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and onion powder. Use your hands to form mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set large, oven-proof skillet over medium high heat and add butter. Once butter is melted, add meatballs and sear for about 5 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce to skillet, covering meatballs and transfer to oven. Bake until meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes (internal temperature should read 165°F). Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!