- 3 medium zucchini, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ranch or blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place butter into microwave-safe bowl and melt in microwave. In a second bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and salt. Add melted butter slowly, stirring enough in that panko mix is wet but not soggy. You may have some butter leftover.
- In separate bowl, pour flour. In another bowl, whisk egg and water until thoroughly combined.
- Toss zucchini spears in flour mixture, then egg wash, then in bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat evenly with crumbs. Place in single layer on large baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy and evenly browned. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.