- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or additional chicken broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a shallow two to three-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Stirring constantly, cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, chicken broth, wine and pepper; bring mixture to boil. Stir in mushrooms, reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until mixture thickens and mushrooms are softened.
Stir Parmesan cheese, pasta, turkey and peas into milk mixture; spoon into prepared baking dish. Top with Cheddar cheese and cover loosely with foil. Bake about 45 minutes or until bubbling at edges and heated through.
Suggestion: This recipe works well for leftover turkey or substitute chicken for turkey.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!