Unstuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 lg. green peppers, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 14.5 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 10.75 oz. cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 4 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and heat through.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!