Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- ½ cup butter
- 1 sm. onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- ¼ cup flour
- 9 cups chicken broth, divided
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- To taste black pepper
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter and add onion, carrots, celery and fresh mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes, season with bouillon, garlic powder, thyme and parsley. Slowly add the flour and mix well. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes and then add 8 cups chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, covered.
- Remove the lid, add cream of chicken soup, additional broth, rice and chicken. Simmer for 20 minutes more.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!