Ham and Pea Soup
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb. dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 lb. ham, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 2½ cups water
- To taste salt and ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Stir in celery, onion and sliced garlic; cook and stir until onions are translucent but not brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in split peas, ham and bay leaf. Pour in chicken stock and water; stir to combine and simmer until peas are tender and soup has thickened, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and black pepper to serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!