- 2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/3 cup snow peas (about 6 snow peas)
- 1 cup baby bok choy
- 2 cups kale (stems removed, and torn into small pieces)
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a medium saucepan, cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a large sauté pan or wok over moderately high heat, warm the oil. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, snow peas, bok choy, kale, and chives and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir to combine. Add the eggs and continue to cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Serve hot.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!