- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup well-rinsed quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium plum tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan over moderate heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the garlic and shrimp, along with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Do not clean pan.
- In the same sauté pan over moderate heat, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally,for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the kale, peas, corn, and tomato and cook until the quinoa is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp and gently stir to combine.
- Add the Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!