- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 med. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lg. carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 60 oz. vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 3 med. potatoes, diced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat a heavy soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and carrots and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden.
- Add celery, canned tomatoes (with juice), broth, potatoes, green beans, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add corn, sweet peas, green onion and parsley.
- Season with salt to taste and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!