- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- ¾ cup carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Cook ground beef over medium heat in a large pot. Remove from heat and drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the same pan and add onion, carrots and celery. Cook and stir for 5 to 8 minutes and add beef back to the pan.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a separate small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk; simmer and stir until sauce is thick and smooth. Stir sauce into burger mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted.
- Add sour cream; stir until just heated through. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!