Veggie Fried Rice Bowl
- 1 Tbsp. canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced cooked lean protein of your choice (such as chicken, pork, shrimp, tofu, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped scallions or other onion
- 3/4 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or 1/8 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp. (about 1 clove) minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups assorted vegetables, chopped into bite-sized pieces (cooked or raw)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a nonstick wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and after about 20 seconds, add diced protein, onions, ginger, garlic, assorted veggies and riced cauliflower, stirring often with spoon or spatula, for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and pull the mixture away from the center of the pan with a spatula and pour the beaten egg in the center. When it starts to cook, use a spatula to stir all of the fried rice ingredients together for about a minute to finish cooking the egg. Sprinkle teriyaki sauce and cilantro over the top and gently stir just to blend flavors (about 1 minute more). Taste and add more teriyaki sauce if desired. Divide into two bowls and serve!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!