Turkey & Barley Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 med. onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 med. carrots (diced (about 1 1/2 cups))
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup quick cooking barley
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (about 10 oz) cooked turkey breast (shredded or diced)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms to the pot. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions start to turn clear.
- Add the barley, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the turkey. Season with the salt and pepper. Cook until the turkey is heated, then serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!