- 2 cups russet potatoes ready to serve
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets thawed
- 1.5 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Steam or microwave the potatoes to the point where a fork is easily inserted but its too tough to eat (20 seconds for ready to eat potatoes in microwave)
- Once they are cooked, drain them and set them aside to cool down.
- Then place 2 cups of thawed broccoli florets into your food processor and pulse it until the broccoli resembles coarse rice. (should yield 1 1/2 cups chopped)Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the finely chopped broccoli and transfer into a large bowl.
- Next, pulse the semi-cooked potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan cheese; pulse just enough to break up the potatoes and combine then with the cheese.
- Place the cheese and potato mixture into the bowl with the broccoli. Add seasoning into the large bowl and fold all ingredients with a large spatula to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Then place grated parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs into small bowl.Form small balls with a 1 tablespoon size cookie scoop or your hands and a spoon with the folded. Once the ball is formed, roll each veggie tot in the grated cheese and bread crumb coating
- Place each veggie tot on the baking sheet, about 1/2 inch apart. Bake 12 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!