- 1/2 orange juice
- 1/4 white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. venison or elk flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ozs.) shredded
- Mexican cheese blend or Cheddar cheese
- sour cream and salsa
In large resealable plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients. Add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours.
Drain and discard marinade. In large skillet, saute peppers and onions in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry meat 3 to 5 minutes or until not longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon over tortillas; top with cheese, sour cream and salsa; fold in sides.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!