Submitted by Gaye V. Ochs, of Leeper, PA
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, or 2 unbeaten egg yolks
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- Combine honey, milk and sugar in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until sugar is dissolved (mixture will be lukewarm).
- Add dry ingredients, walnuts, butter, and egg (yolks) to the honey/milk mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer on lowest speed.
- Turn into 9x5x3-inch pan, well greased on the bottom.
- Bake in slow oven, 325 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool before slicing.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!