from Farm Bureau website
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven until sprouts are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook and stir the hazelnuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook and stir the bacon in the same skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and rosemary. Cook, stirring often, until the bacon drippings and syrup begin to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted sprouts, bacon mixture, cranberries and cheese to the hazelnuts and toss well. This salad is best served warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!