- 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 cups (2 pt.) fresh strawberries, rinsed, patted dry and chilled
- 2 cups(12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S Premier White Chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Cover tray with wax paper.
- Place white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, just until smooth when stirred.
- Holding by top, dip 2/3 of each strawberry into white chip mixture; shake gently to remove excess.
- Place on prepared tray; refrigerate until coating is firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat microwave procedure with chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon shortening in clean microwave-safe bowl.
- Dip lower 1/3 of each berry into chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cover; refrigerate leftover strawberries.
- About 2 to 3 dozen berries.
Note: Red and Blue edible glitter can be added to the tips to give you a festive Fourth of July look.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!