Zesty Garden Almonds Gazpacho
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 ½ cups seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups peeled and chopped cucumber
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. seeded and diced serrano pepper, more or less as desired
- 2 Tbsp. diced white onion
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. almond oil, reserve ½ tbsp for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. hot sauce, more or less as desired
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt, more or less as desired
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper, more or less as desired
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sliced almonds, garnish
- Combine all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for minimum 2 hours.
- To serve, ladle gazpacho into bowl and garnish with drizzle of almond oil and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Store in refrigerator for up to one week.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!