- 1 or 2 zucchini, sliced (about 10 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a large casserole or 9 by 13-inch pan; set aside.
- Wash zucchini and discard ends.
- Cut into slices (about 10 cups).
- If using large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds before slicing.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onion slices and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In bowl, stir together the eggs, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Add undrained tomatoes and cheeses.
- Pour over zucchini mixture and stir to mix.
- Pour into casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
- Top will be golden brown.
- Cut into squares.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!