Submitted by Debbie Wheeler of Madison, Oh
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats, (quick or old-fashioned) uncooked
- 3 cups rhubarb, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add oats and rhubarb.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees.
Spread mixture on a greased 10-inch pie plate (or a 9 x 13 inch pan.) Bake at 375 degrees for ½ hour.