Sausage Sourdough Stuffing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old sourdough bread, cubed
- 2 jars (7 1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- In same pan, sauté mushrooms, onion and celery in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add bread, artichokes, cheese, cranberries, poultry seasoning, rosemary, salt, pepper and mushroom mixture to the sausage.
- Whisk egg and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13 by 9-inch baking dish (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes