- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs yolks, beaten
- Place croutons in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter.
- Add the corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour over croutons. Add egg yolks and mix gently.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls; flatten slightly.
- Place in a greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pan.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing balls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!