Sausage-Pecan Turkey Stuffing
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 9 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 unpeeled tart apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Chicken broth
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- Place bread crumbs in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion in butter until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; do not drain.
- Add to bread crumbs. Stir in apples, pecans, parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper; stir in apple juice and enough broth to moisten.
- Just before baking, stuff the turkey.
- Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place on rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 325° for 5 to 5 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 185°.
- When the turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil and baste if needed.
- Remove all stuffing.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes