Report failed crop acreage


Hello again!

With spring planting quickly approaching, the Farm Service Agency encourages farmers to report failed crop acreage that will not be brought to harvest to their Farm Service Agency office. Failed acreage must be reported to Farm Service Agency before destroying and replanting to allow time for a field check.

“It is very important that farmers report failed acreage that will not be brought to harvest to the Farm Service Agency office prior to destruction.

“This simple act of insuring that failed acres are documented could be the determining factor in whether or not a farmer is eligible for future crop disaster program payments.”

Notice of Loss

Form CCC-576, Notice of Loss, is used to report failed acreage and may be completed by any producer with an interest in the crop. For crop losses covered by the Non-insured Assistance Program, producers must contact their local Farm Service Agency office within 15 days of the occurrence of the disaster or when losses become apparent.

Producers with crop insurance should also contact their local agent when losses occur and before destroying the crop.

Producers are encouraged to keep good production records on acreage with a low crop yield to document crop losses.

To be eligible for crop disaster programs in the future, production records may help support crop loss claims. Additional information in regard to failed crop acreage or crop losses covered by the Non-Insured Assistance Program can be obtained by contacting your local FSA County Office.

That’s all for now,
FSA Andy


Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!



We are glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment policy.

Receive emails as this discussion progresses.