MARYSVILLE, Ohio — The Ohio Cattlemen’s Association junior show was held March 22 during the 2015 Ohio Beef Expo.
The annual show spotlighted 730 steers and heifers. Scott Starr, Burwell, Nebraska, evaluated the breeding heifers and Tyler Norvell, Tuttle, Oklahoma, judged the market animals.
The grand champion heifer was the champion Shorthorn exhibited by Allie Loftis, Medina County. The reserve champion heifer was the champion crossbred shown by Demi Powers, Fulton County.
The grand champion market steer was a crossbred exhibited by Addison Jones, Allen County. Reserve champion honors went to Brooke Egbert, Auglaize County.
Other top finishers included:
Third overall, high percentage Maine-Anjou, Caitlin Schaub, Auglaize County; 4. champion AOB, Erin Dilger Lawrence, Licking County; 5. Chianina, Caleb Potter, Jackson County; 6. Angus, Lindsey Pugh, Stark County; 7. MaineTainer, Kinley Kreis, Muskingum County; 8 reserve champion crossbred, Lauren Grimes, Highland County; 9. Percentage Simmental, Ali Muir, Auglaize County; 10. reserve champion percentage Simmental, Erin Dilger Lawrence, Licking County.
- Champion Angus, Lindsey Pugh, Stark County; reserve, Will Harsh, Delaware County;
- Champion Chianina, Caleb Potter, Jackson County; reserve, Natalie Wagner, Brown County;
- Champion Hereford, Addison Jones,; reserve, Mary Baker, Wayne County;
- Champion High % Maine, Caitlin Schaub, Auglaize County; reserve, Montana Hulsmeyer, Auglaize County;
- Champion MaineTainer, Kinley Kreis, Muskingum County; reserve, Curtis Harsh, Delaware County;
- Reserve Shorthorn, Emily Dahse, Gallia County; Champion ShorthornPlus, Addison Niese, Richland County; reserve ShorthornPlus, Hadley LeVan, Champaign County;
- Champion Simmental, Cameron Alexander, Clinton County; reserve, Allison Reed, Sandusky County;
- Reserve AOB, Zane Davison, Madison County;
In addition to the champions, placings in the market show went to: 3. Jonna Goss, Hocking County; 4. Montana Hulsmeyer, Auglaize County; 5. Tyler Clark, Miami County; 6. Kendra Gabriel, Pickaway County; 7. Jenna Phelps, Union County; 8. Cole Hiser, Fayette County; 9. Kendra Gabriel; 10. Kyle Piscione, Medina County;
- Champion Angus, Stetson Bryson, Ashland County; reserve, Sydney Sanders, Highland County;
- Champion Chianina, Alex Linder, Huron County; reserve, Luke Brinksneader, Darke County;
- Champion Hereford, Angie Distl, Clark County; reserve, Samantha Norman, Fulton County;
- Champion Shorthorn, Landon Richards, Wood County; reserve, Samantha Norman, Fulton County; reserve ShorthornPlus, Kaylin Studer, Richland County;
- Reserve Simmental, Alexis Wilcox, Darke County;
- Champion AOB, Wyatt Daniels, Allen County; reserve AOB, Curtis Harsh;
- Champion Market Heifer, Kyle Piscione; reserve market heifer, Hallie Roberts, Clark County.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!