XENIA, Ohio — Ohio Sheep Day 2015 is scheduled for July 11 and will be held at Schoolhouse Shropshires Farm, home of Jim and Denise Percival. The farm is located in Greene County.
Schoolhouse Shropshires is a purebred Shropshire and commercial sheep operation grass-in the flat country of Greene Co., concentrating their efforts on Shropshire and commercial sheep and lamb production, pasture, and grain.
The farm is located at 961 Hoop Road, Xenia, in southwestern Ohio.
This year will once again focus on programming which will increase and improve the productivity and profitability of sheep and other small ruminant operations.
A partial list of programs attendees will see at Ohio Sheep Day includes:
• Approved Pasture Renovation Practices
• Approved Hay Crop Establishment Practices
• Approved EQIP Practices for Sheep Farms
• Basic Sheep Management Practices
• Lamb Barn Arrangements
• Proper Selection of Sheep Equipment
• Calibrating Manure Spreaders for Proper Nutrient Distribution
• Livestock Mortality Composting Certification
• Predator Control Technology
• Sheep Farm Euthanasia Standards
A trade show will also take place at the event, where attendees may visit and purchase supplies and equipment.
A lamb luncheon is included as part of registration and no pre-registration is required.
For further information regarding Ohio Sheep Day activities, contact Roger A. High at 614-246-8299 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information and directions to the site can also be found at www.ohiosheep.org.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!