Bread In A Bag Ingredients:
- 5 C. whole wheat flour
- 2 1/3 C. water (130°F)
- 1 Tbsp. rapid rise yeast
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 C. nonfat dry milk
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- cooking spray
- In a gallon zippered plastic bag, mix 2 cups whole wheat flour, yeast, dry milk, and salt.
- Add water, oil and honey.
- Seal bag and knead the bag with fingers to blend ingredients.
- Add 2 cups whole wheat flour and work until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of whole wheat flour and knead until dough forms and doesn’t stick to the bag.
- Turn dough out onto lightly oiled surface.
- Knead 15-20 times until smooth and elastic.
- Spray dough with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes or until dough passes ripe test.
- Punch dough down.
- Shape dough into loaves or rolls.
- Place seam side down in loaf pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm, draft free place until doubled in size, about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° F for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
Yield: 2 standard loaves (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2”)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!