- 1 16 oz box elbow macaroni
- 1 2 lb block Extra Sharp Cheese
- 16 oz Whole Milk
- 2 oz salted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Boil and drain macaroni per package instructions. Add 1 tsp olive oil to macaroni,
- Create thin slices from block of cheese (approximately 3 oz total) and set aside. Grate remainder of cheese.
- Mix flour with enough water to form a runny paste. Gently heat milk and butter in saucepan, adding approximately 2 cups of grated cheese and the flour/water mix to make sauce, stirring constantly.
- Begin layers in a Pyrex bowl in the following order: cheese sauce, macaroni, grated cheese until all macaroni, sauce and grated cheese have been utilized. Top with the reserved slices of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until cheese sauce bubbles internally and on the top.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!