- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- Green food coloring, optional
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar.
- Flatten cookies with prepared glass, dipping glass in sugar again as needed.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, almond extract and enough water to achieve glaze consistency.
- Tint with food coloring if desired; drizzle over cookies.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!