- 2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup bourbon or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup red candied cherries, halved
- 3/4 cup green candied cherries, halved
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and bourbon.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until blended.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in the pecans, cherries and raisin mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!