- 1/2 loaf Italian or French bread (split lengthwise, or 2 split English muffins)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese (low-fat, shredded)
- 3 tablespoons green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (fresh or canned, sliced) or other vegetable toppings
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Toast the bread or English muffin until slightly brown.
- Top bread or muffin with pizza sauce, vegetables and low-fat cheese.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasonings as desired.
- Return bread to toaster oven (or regular oven preheated to 350 degrees).
- Heat until cheese melts.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!