- 2 cups coarse soft bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large apples, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 1½ -quart baking dish or spray with a baking spray. Combine bread crumbs, sugar, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Arrange half of apple slices in prepared baking dish. Top with half bread crumb mixture. Repeat layers, ending with remaining bread crumb mixture. Combine melted butter with orange juice; drizzle evenly over apple mixture. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until nicely browned and apples are tender.
Serve with cream or whipped topping, or with a scoop of vanilla or butter pecan ice cream. Serves 6.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!