Apple Carrot Bake
- 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can sliced carrots (or 2 cups fresh or frozen steamed carrots)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Arrange apples and carrots in a 1½ quart greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over carrots and apples.
- Dot carrot and apple mixture with butter and cover with orange juice.
- Bake uncovered for one hour or until sugar mixture caramelizes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!