Ingredients for the Cookies:
- 1 lb. unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups apples, skin on, small dice
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar several minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Sift in flour and salt. Add diced apple and continue blending, using hands if necessary, until combined.
- Remove dough, use a little flour (if needed), and work into a long roll (dough log). Wrap dough in plastic and chill for 45-60 minutes until butter sets.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from fridge. Slice into ½ inch circles and place onto ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and cool. Cookies will harden as they cool.
- Top with Apple Cider & Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add powdered sugar (using a low speed), a little at a time, then the remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly, whipping at least 90 seconds.