- 1 apple
- 1 1/4 cups pancake mix (any type)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup milk, low-fat
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apple into rings.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for pancake batter. Stir until ingredients are evenly moist. (Small lumps are ok! Over-mixing makes pancakes tough.)
- For each pancake, place apple ring on griddle and pour about 1/4 cup batter over apple ring, starting in the center and covering the apple.
- Cook until bubbles appear. Turn and cook other side until lightly brown.