Submitted by: Farm and Dairy’s Cheryl Blakeman for her Dad, Chuck Szoke
- 12 eggs
- 7 C flour (approx.)
- 3 C sugar
- 1 Lb oleo
- 8 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp anise ( Vanilla)
- Cream oleo & sugar, add eggs, sift flour & baking powder, add to egg mixture
- Heat the pizzelle iron, and brush with oil.
- Drop about one tablespoon of the batter onto each circle on the iron.
- You may need to experiment with he amount of batter and baking time depending on the iron.
- Bake for 20 to 45 seconds, or until steam is no longer coming out of the iron.
- Carefully remove cookies from the iron, cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- My dad makes these Pizzells every Christmas, we look forward to them every year!
- They are definitely the favorite cookie of the season in our house!
- He is also known for awesome fried chicken!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!