- 1 pie crust for top and bottom
- 6-7 tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, flour, and apples together.
- Line a nine inch pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit the top of the pie.
- Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges of the pie crust. Cut slits in pastry.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and bake pie for approximately 50 minutes. Watch for crust to turn golden brown. Let cool. Serve and enjoy. Makes approximately 8 servings
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!