- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Sauté apples in butter for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over apples and sauté 10 minutes more until caramelized.
- Spoon mixture into 8-by 8-inch baking dish and keep warm.
- Separate eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk yolks and sugar until thick.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over apples and bake 8-10 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!