- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1-1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 medium red apple, such as Jonathan or Gala (halved, cored, and diced, about 1.5 cup total)
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup hot cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded (if desired) and finely chopped OR 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (or 1.5 tsp dried rubbed sage)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pecans and cook 2-3 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Set aside on separate plate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the celery and onion 8 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown on edge, stirring occasionally.
- Add the apples and cook 4 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Stir in the pecans and the remaining ingredients and cook 3-4 minutes or until the rice mixture is heated, stirring occasionally.