- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 6 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup fat-reduced sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 celery stalks
- Center oven rack and preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place chicken in a sauté pan, add water, and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and remove from pan; let cool slightly.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred using two forks, one in each hand.
- While chicken is simmering, wash and scrub potatoes with a clean vegetable brush under running water and slit each one lengthwise about 1-inch deep.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in half length-wise, scoop out potato, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash potato together with hot pepper sauce, sour cream, margarine, and milk.
- Fold in blue cheese and shredded chicken.
- Spoon mixture into potato skins slightly denting center (to hold fresh toppings after baking).
- Place filled potato skins on a 9×13″ baking sheet and bake about 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Dice tomatoes and green onions.
- Cut celery stalks into four inch sticks.
- To serve, top potatoes with onions and tomatoes.
- Serve celery sticks on the side for scooping potato contents.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!